Tuesday, November 15, 2005

Blustery Day

I guess if you're going to feel dis-placed somewhere, this is the place to do it. It's a beautiful, almost hot day today. And there is a marvelous, blustery, fall wind that's blowing dry leaves across the pavement. Our windows are open and the curtains are getting caught by the wind, too. The cat doesn't know where to look! Windy days are full of adventures for him. Always movement to catch, exciting new sounds, great bursts of energy. The palm trees at the top of the hill are swaying like mad. Beautiful day.

I spent the morning in the library, finding books for my RA work. Now I am finding it difficult to settle in. I don't know, exactly, what I most need to do to prepare for tomorrow's meeting. Getting some reading done would be wise, I'm sure. But the anxiety about the meeting makes me restless. Reading is difficult.

Hmmm. Restlessness and a windy day . . .

No comments: