Friday, December 02, 2005

More on the Chair

So, pretty cool chair to find in the trash, huh? It really is in good shape. In fact, I'm sitting on it now. I'm using it as my desk chair. This makes perfect sense, as my desk was also a trashpicked treasure. :-) The only damage you see there is a bit of paint splotched on the seat. And then there are a couple spots on the back where the finish has gotten scraped by something. I'm not sure, exactly, how to get the paint off the seat. It's not really thick enough at any spot to safely take a knife to it, I don't think. I wonder what would happen if I only refinished the seat. Hmm. I don't know.

Today is a day of following through on some obligations. I need to finally drop off my approved proposal to the dean's office today, without fail. I have a book waiting for me at the University library. (I'm getting better at it each time I go!) I have chores to do today. And I need to go into E's classroom to help out this afternoon. At least it's a beautiful (if chilly) day today.

Yesterday was a hunker-down day. It started pouring rain in the middle of the night and did not stop until after dinner last night. We have been needing the rain. But, given that it's the worst weather we ever get, it feels like an all out winter storm when it rains like that. I joked that I kept expecting the school to call yesterday morning to tell us it was a "Rain Day." Then we imagined that if that did happen, the big thing would be going out to play in the rain then, splashing in puddles, filling buckets with rain, coming in for some hot cocoa. A holiday!

Hmmm. I think I'll leave it here for now. I need to get to some of my obligations. :)

No comments: