Since being accepted into the RevGal network earlier this week (What awesome women! Thanks!), I've been eagerly anticipating my first-ever Friday Five! Here we go--
1. I have one vague memory of being kissed under a mistletoe. The mistletoe was real, the kiss plastic.
2. I have had real eggnog once. With rum. Divine. Ruined me. Never again enjoyed the fake stuff. (Although last year I was addicted to Starbucks Eggnog Latte.)
3. My all-time favorite Christmas Album is a compilation from the Sugar Hill Label called "Sugar Plums: Holiday Treats from Sugar Hill." Features fantastic bluegrass renditions of the old favs.
4. My old office/workplace used to have a party every year. My partner and I worked in our city neighborhood for a nonprofit, Christian, social-justice magazine with a staff that worked itself to the bone. Christmas parties were held in the 'burbs at a board member's house and included time out in the hot tub. Every year I'd go to a local tobacco shop and buy the best cigars I could afford. Then break 'em out when we were in the hot tub. -sigh-
5. I often bring cole slaw with Maytag Blue Cheese, walnuts, and apples. I LOVE it. It's recently occurred to me that I may be the only one who does.