Monday, January 23, 2006

A Place for Everything. And, well, you know the rest.

Today was all about getting our apartment clean. D & E headed out at 5:45 this morning to go skating. I sat down for a good, long read of some RevGal's. It became sort of a morning devotion for me. Wonderful start to the day.

Around 6:30 or so, I wanted to read some Scripture in my great Oxford Bible from seminary. (I'm trying to make some quick progress on my submission to the Ordinary Time devotionals.) So I went over to the shelf where I keep my Bible. Only, hmmm, not there. So I look in one of the piles of books and papers stashed in the corner. Nope. Okay. Where is it? Keep looking. Yeah. Kept looking for about twenty minutes. Round and round and round the apartment. Slowly, as the sun crept its way over the horizon, it dawned on me that it was time to get this place in order. When my Bible gets buried God knows where, well, it's time. (To my defense, I do most of my Bible reading these days online. Even so. Come Lord Jesus!)

The timing was perfect as we're expecting an overnight guest tonight from back home anyway. And my Mom arrives tomorrow for a conference in The City. She's staying at the Hilton (!) for that. (We all hope to benefit from any guest privileges she may have!) Then she'll come to stay here from Saturday 'til Thursday! Very excited about this.

So, all this to say, started cleaning very early this morning. And kept at it for most of the day. And now it's all so lovely. Order out of chaos. (No! Don't open that door!)

When our friend arrives, we'll head out to dinner together. Figure we'll go for Thai. Great character to the restaurant. And fabulous food.

2 comments:

kwpershey said...

oh, how I need to have a day of cleaning... perhaps this post will inspire me!

JWD said...

Inspire would be fine. Guilt-induce, however, would go against the user agreement for this blog. :)