Tuesday, June 06, 2006

06-06-06

I spent a good part of the morning typing up the first draft of a new job description for me at church. Things are still in flux about this, so I won't really write any details about it yet. But I am excited about the possibilities and eager to share them as soon as it seems prudent.

As I drove home from a meeting at church, it happened to be a little after 6 pm. The radio station I was listening to was celebrating this congruence (of 06/06/06 at 6) by playing an hour's worth of songs that made some reference to the devil. They called their segment "music to apocolypse to." I was very amused by it all. I can't remember all the songs I got to hear, unfortunately. But I know INXS "Devil Inside," Blue Oyster Cult's "Don't Fear the Reaper," and "Disco Inferno" were included in the set list. It made me grin the whole time I was in the car.

After dinner tonight we walked across the street to our park, sat in the bleachers, and watched an adult softball game. What fun! The league was co-ed and not super competitive. It seemed like folks were having fun and they were kind and encouraging to one another. So a real pleasure to watch.

Today I am thankful that it's the first day since we moved to our new apartment that I haven't been wracked with allergies.

Oh, and how could I have forgotten--D's team won the championship (in roller hockey) last night! Very cool.

Hm. Felt like there was more to say. But drawing a blank at the moment. Must be that time of night.

No comments: