Wednesday, July 05, 2006

Back from Vacation

My apologies for breaking some blogging ettiquette by going on vacation without mentioning it--thereby disappearing from cyberspace for quite a while!

We're now back from our trip back East visiting family, friends, and spending a week at the Jersey Shore. (One of the few families who travel from the Pacific Coast in order to go to the Jersey Shore, I'm certain!)

After slogging around in a bit of jet lag for the past couple days, we are now slowly getting back into the swing of things at home. This morning, fending off feelings of being utterly overwhelmed by my studies, I sat down and opened a Word document. I titled it: Things I Wish to Accomplish. :) And I broke it down into several categories: Daily, Weekly, Monthly, and Individual Tasks. The next step is to sit down and work out a sort of daily schedule.

It's not necessarily my natural tendency to do such things. But I have learned to employ such drastic measures in recent years. At the very least, I find it helps me to balance the various roles in my life in a healthier way. Otherwise, being a Mom seems always to beat out the necessity to sit and study, for instance. Or trying to keep the house straightened always seems more pressing than preparing for the course I'll be teaching in the Fall. Or writing a little blog entry seems more important than all of those things. :)

Well, only time to write this short entry. We have to take E to the doctor for an ear infection. Long story there.

Hope all is well in your worlds.

Peace.

1 comment:

Princess of Everything (and then some) said...

Sometimes list like that help us not to be so overwhelmed. Breaking it into small steps makes things look different.

Glad you had a good time....poor E and the ear infection!