Monday, July 24, 2006

The RevGalBlogPals Rock the World!!!

I'm very late to this RevGal Friday Five, but had to take part in the homage to our wonderful RevGals. Happy Anniversary friends!!!!

1) What is your first memory of the RevGalBlogPals?
I started blogging for the first time in November 2005 and soon after found myself in the midst of one of our most intense Advent experiences at church. Looking for some hearty bread to sustain me through the Advent season, I did a search on blogger for the word "advent." The search brought me to the doorstep of the spectacular LutheranChik. Having graduated from a Lutheran seminary not so many years ago, I felt immediately at home in LutheranChik's oh-so-Lutheran way of expressing her life and faith journey. And it was there that I first encountered the link to the RevGalBlogPals web ring.

2) Have you met any of the Ring Members in real life?
Not yet--but I can't wait until we arrange our first conference/retreat!
I have recruited a new member to our midst, though. My good friend SpiritMists.

3) Of those you haven't met, name a few you would love to know in person.
Update: I like the way some of the other RevGal's answered this better than I did originally-I'd be happy to know any of the RGBP's personally. Absolutely.

4) What has ring membership added to your life?
I have been trying to cultivate friendships with women in ministry since my seminary days--feeling certain that if we didn't figure out how to be supportive of one another, we would never survive. But it's been hard to sustain these relationships in seminary and grad school because we're in such a temporary life situation. I have been astounded at the depth of the conversation among the RevGals. And it has fed me! I've also loved the wit along with the wisdom--I've never sat and laughed so much while being in front of my computer!

5) Describe a hope for the future of the Web Ring.
Well, I love Katherine's idea that we ought to be featured on the cover of The Christian Century! I'd love for us to keep publishing books--though I know it's a ton of work. Most of all, if we really could find a way to connect, to meet up face to face as a group, well, I think the world would never be the same. Something would happen.

No comments: