Wednesday, March 26, 2008

Small Improvements

I don't think I could have asked for a better work day - and not just because there was no one working with a jackhammer outside my window. Though I bet that helped. :)

This afternoon we went out and bought Monk new hockey skates for his birthday next week. We got them just a little early for him so he'll be able to wear them for his first-ever tournament this weekend.

We also bought a big ol' mirror (not at the hockey place, ha!) and hung it on the wall across from our large window (the one the cat and I were gazing out yesterday). Some months ago I started to keep an eye out for a mirror because I thought it would help expand the space of our teeny apartment. I also think it will pick up on the light and multiply it. And, okay, truth be told - my spiritual director gave me a complementary Feng Shui consultation for my office a few months ago and she told me that every room is supposed to have a mirror in it. Or something like that. D is tremendously patient with me when it comes to these kinds of things. He couldn't care less if it were just about him. But I am always, always, thinking about how to improve our space. It's unending.

No comments: