Friday, February 10, 2006

People Against Dirty Unite!

Apparently I've finally discovered something I can be unabashedly evangelical about. And, in a funny little way, I have RevGalBlogPal's to thank! Some weeks ago, the Friday Meme was on the subject of housecleaning. While I didn't participate in this particular meme, it did get me to thinking about one of my most joyous recent discoveries - Method! While I was still considering if I'd play the meme on housecleaning, I wandered over to the Method website. And I saw there an invitation to consider being a Method Advocate.

Given that I'd already turned one friend on to Method, and sung Method's glories to several others, I figured why not?!! So I filled out a little form with my contact info, and wrote my testimony about how great a thing Method is. A few days later I received a note back from their "marketing influencer" (Her actual title. I love it.) thanking me for my interest and passion for Method. But then I never heard anything else.

Until, dear Reader, today! Today I received a little package in the mail with five samplers of Method products for me to hand out to my neighbors and friends. And. . . ready? . . . a t-shirt! On the front it says "method" and on the back, "people against dirty." It's the cute, girly cut t-shirt where the size "large" is, hmm, form-fitting, shall we say? But I love it! A gift!

So what is Method? It's a series of cleaning products for the home that completely re-imagines what cleaning products can be. All of the products are "green"--you know, not the color (though some are also that) but environmentally green. So when you use them, you are not toxifying your home! (Why is this so revolutionary?) They also use natural scents, not the smells of bleach or "pine" or "lemon" (which I guess used to be natural). Rather, Method's scents are cucumber, lavendar, grapefruit, mandarin orange, mint, eucalyptus, and others.

All of these things are great, but don't amount to anything if they don't do what they say they will, namely, clean! But they do! My first test for Method was to use it to tackle the grime that had worked itself into the grout of my kitchen table. It worked fabulously. And I've never been disappointed since.

We use Method products to clean the kitchen, the bathroom, and to do our laundry. And there are more products coming out all the time. We haven't gotten to all of them yet. Everything from hand soap to stainless steel cleaner.

One last thing I love about Method is their advertising copy. It's hilarious. Maybe it's because I grew up with a Dad who worked in commercial art, but I have a huge appreciation for great marketing and well-written copy. Here's an example--this is on the back of the eucalyptus-mint scented bathroom surface flushable wipes:
"Ever feel like certain people using your toilet could use a litte . . . coaching? Practice? Aim? What about some handy-dandy toilet wipes? That's where method comes in . Set this hardworking little package of wipes near the bowl, and you (or, ahem, he) can wipe and flush at any moment for an instant clean. Even better, these wipes are biodegradable, without toxins or toxic fumes to pollute your bathroom. . . . And with the eucalyptus mint scent, they smell like spa. Yes, like spa."
Oh, and did I mention, Method is available at Target and drugstore.com? Or you can order this nifty starter set directly from their website.

No comments: